Sweet and Spicy glaze for Salmon
As crazy as it sounds this was my first time preparing "fresh salmon." I have had salmon patties, but as gross as it sounds the salmon was from that canned nastiness! I saw this recipe on YouTube and thought I'd give it a try (I slightly tweaked the mustard ingredient to what I had on hand)
Ingredients needed:
- 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons of hot mustard ( I also added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard)
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 4 Salmon fillets (mine were maybe an inch or two thick)
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- foil and cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425.
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil and then remove from the heat ( should turn into a semi-thick glaze)
Place the fish on a lined (foiled) pan and lightly coated with cooking spray, at this time lightly season with salt and pepper.
Place the fish in the oven for 12 minutes, once the timer is done remove from the oven and preheat the broiler.
Brush the glazed mixture evenly on the tops and sides on the salmon fillets. When the broiler is ready place the fish back into the oven for intervals of 3 minutes (I did mine a total of 9 minutes, really depends on oven and thickness of fillets)
You can tell when the fish is ready by taking a fork to make sure it is flaky!
Since I love pictures, I have inserted a few to show the progress throughout the cooking:)
![]() |
| Fresh Salmon from the meat department |
![]() |
| Needed Ingredients |
![]() |
| Combined ingredients |
![]() |
| Salmon with salt and pepper |
![]() |
| Salmon after 15 minutes of cooking with glaze before I placed under the broiler |
![]() |
| End Results! Salmon w/ brown rice and mixed veggies (orange bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, onion and Spinach all sauteed) |
Ingredients needed for Crepe "shell"
I found this simple recipe on the Weelicious website for easy crepes, they have all types of easy recipes that are family friendly as well as quick meal ideas!
Ingredients needed:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Once you have combined all of the following ingredients simply pour enough of the mixture into a nonstick skillet (comparable to cooking pancakes; however, there wont be any bubbles).
You are basically browning both sides to your liking.
This recipe literally had to be the easiest recipe known to man, you can either make a dessert crepe or a heartier crepe, have fun exploring with different ingredients! I explored with fruit and OMG it was amazing, so amazing that I seriously contemplated on making a second one!
![]() |
| Nutella, Strawberries, Bananas and Blueberries |







Yum to both! I cannot believe it is that easy to make crepes! I'll be making it asap! Thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDelete